Practical Assessment Tasks is part of the seven tasks to be completed in a year.
Gr10 PAT - Programming Language - Scratch
Scenario - Story boarding - minimum 5 scenes
Gr11 PAT - Programming Language - Delphi
Database connectivity - One table - Queries, SOL coding
Gr12 PAT - Programming Language - Delphi
Database connectivity - Relationships -Two tables or more - Queries, SOL coding
Gr10 - to be announced and provided by National Dept of Basic Education
Gr11 - to be prepared and provided by Provincial Dept of Basic Education
Gr12 - to be announced and provided by National Dept of Basic Education
The CAPS (NCS) - Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement - GR10 to 12 - 2014
- CAPS CAPS Final (1012.32 kB)
- Protocol on Assessment Protocol On Assessment (700.5 kB)
- NEW Gr12 Exam Guidelines 2014
The Common Papers option show info about Common exam papers or tests applicable to the NCS for Grade 10, 11 and 12.
The Exemplars option show info about Exemplar Exam papers for Gr10, Gr11 & Gr12. All of these are still applicable to the NCS.
As soon as there are new exemplars for Grade 10 applicable to CAPS it will be available on this site.
Available to assist with planning, the following can be used:
Year and term planning for: (Power Point or Word Doc - both are in zipfiles - terms seperate)
- Gr10 - Gr10 Workschedule Doc (179.53 kB) Gr10 Workschedule PowerPoint (660.44 kB)
- Gr11 - Gr11 Workschedule Doc (91.72 kB) Gr11 Workschedule PowerPoint (550.56 kB)
- Gr12 - Gr12 Workschedule Doc (84.69 kB) Gr12 Workschedule PowerPoint (392.08 kB)
- Some Power Point slides links will not work properly - links are to big to upload.
Mark sheets according to the new CAPS:
- Gr10 2014 IT Marksheets CAPS.xlsx (196.6 kB)
- Gr11 2014 IT Marksheets CAPS.xlsx (196.6 kB)
- Gr12 2014 IT Marksheets CAPS.xlsx (196.6 kB)
OLD NCS Gr12 Exam Guidelines on the layout and mark allocation of Paper 1 and Paper 2 will soon be replaced
Assistance for Gr12 Learners to prepare for Gr12 examination: Gr12 LearnerSupport (883.67 kB)
The planning information is there for the teacher to plan his/her work ahead for every term or every year.
Take note that from 2012 the Curriculum has changed for Grade 10.
Grade 11 & Grade 12 will follow in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
Grade 10 follow the CAPS for 2012 & Grade 11 & Grade 12 still follows the NCS.